Monday, January 18, 2010

Changes A Week Can Bring

I am home once again, sitting at my computer and waiting for it to snow but so much has changed since sitting here just a little over a week ago. I made my trek to my daughter's to wait for the arrival of my granddaughter. I was listening to intuition strongly since I'm so far away I figured I would need a better sign than labor. My daughter was worried that I was coming down and would just have to sit around so I brought lot's of jobs to entertainment myself. We got one day of completing our distractions. I spent much of the day reading old letters and newsletters from 1960 to 1968 that my Aunt Margie let me borrow. It was an interesting task to be doing on this day because probably 80% of the letters were written by my Mom. I felt that I spent the day with her as well as my daughter. I was feeling almost a little crazy by the time my daughter was deciding to go to the hospital after a day of minor contractions to see how things were progressing. It was one of those times when I felt that I should be able to see and converse with my mom, she was so strong with me. It made more sense when my beautiful granddaughter, Taylee Rae was born just two hours after her mom and dad made that trip to the hospital. They didn't think they would be staying so didn't even take anything with them. I was waiting next to my sleeping grandson when a picture pops up on my phone of this beautiful new addition to the family. And she is beautiful. We spent this week getting her to figure out the nursing. My daughter has become such a confident mother. She keeps working and working even when things are struggling a bit. She didn't even need me to spell her in the nights, just got up and fed the baby then both dozed in the chair a bit and back to bed. She may succeed at having one not sleep with her but probably not since they were usually curled up together in the morning when I checked on them. Papa Steve arrived Wednesday when we brought both of them home. The big brother was loving to hold this new sister and asked his mom if it was ok if he kissed her head. He is also in charge of making sure everyone that arrives to see her have put the hand sanitizer on before touching her. Saturday my niece did a great Annie Leibowitz impersonation with incredible photos of the tiny girl. She also did a engagement photo shoot with my son and his fiance at Sand Hollow Reservoir. So they also got a little time with the new niece as well. So it was a wonderful week with changes that will shape the nature of of family forever.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad that all was well when you left to come home, and it sure does seem like a lot of changes when a new little person is added to the family with all that brings. I had to smile at Colby making sure everyone's hands got sanitized before touching her. Sounds like his nurse Mom had gotten him well trained! Now you will probably be so looking forward to another trip back over to see her. I got to see photos of Laura Lynne's newest baby girl as well as more recent ones of her little boy when she came on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also meant to tell you that your mom gave warning of trouble to come in Ann's household and fears of a bad leg emergency materialized. So she has been busy up around there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was very much fun seeing your tiny new addition - all in pink. I love her name. She seems to have had a little trouble getting food down, reminds me of Meadow who was not strong enough at first. And it does change the face of family forever! In the best possible way.

    ReplyDelete