Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow Day


MAGGIE'S LEDGE

We have had two incredible days of snow here in Boulder. Yesterday it snowed all day and most of the night. I had Steve take the car to the top of the road so I could get out if needed. I did venture out for yoga last night, clearing snow off the car both coming and going home. This morning we got 8 to 10 inches of snow and the most beautiful blue sky you can imagine. Steve made trails to everything we need to get to and a few places for the dogs (especially the little one) to go out and pee. He even made me a walking trail from the car at the top of the hill to the house. He shoveled while I walked behind him, looking like the queen with my royal servant clearing the way so I wouldn't get my feet wet. He said people would be talking about how much he loves me, clearing the snow for me like that. He thought they would even say I was still wearing my slippers, you know these small towns and gossip. I do love being treated so well and now the hike to the car will only make me breathless not wet footed. This afternoon we have sat back in the sunroom enjoying the warmth and watching the wind blow whirls of snow off the roof or down the hillside. The sun reflects the diamonds off the mounds of snow covering all the small bushes on the ground and in to the trees. Snow is so wonderful when you can sit home and watch it snow and then lounge around for another day while the snow plow makes laps back and forth on the highway above your house.

6 comments:

  1. Boulder rarely gets that much snow it seems, so this looks like a rare photograph of snow and a very beautiful one. An unusual look you have captured perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rather like that picture of you..the queen..walking up the hill with your servant shoveling behind you. I feel rather queenly when Tom gets out and starts my car at 5:30 so it will be warm to go swim! We have snow, but not nearly so much. Tom used his ATV and has roadways clear. I guess Colby will have plenty of snow for sleighriding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant in front of you! Sorry...I don't know how to fix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful picture. It seems like only Boulder has those beautiful blue skys and they look especially blue from down on Boulder Creek. We had snow like that when your mom, Ann and I used our flying saucers of Tompson ledge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy that Steve is a regular sir Walter Rawly. He is the guy that that put his coat over the mud for his love to walk on, isn't he? Cheryl I really love your blogs. You capture the beauty of Boulder which will always live in my heart. It seems very different to me now, but if I had have been blessed with the great attitude you have I'm sure I would have enjoyed it more. The sky is very blue in your picture against the snow. I like the idea of you being the Queen of Boulder as well as the queen of Steve's heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was searching for one of my photographs to use as my desktop background and I ended up choosing this exact same ledge picture only with no snow! I took it when I went to Boulder that one year. It is so Boulder to me as well as LaRae's ledge, too.

    ReplyDelete